Parrott's Place, off Corn Street, 1931-2. Like Parr's Yard, Parrott's Place was accessed through a small passageway from the main street. This photograph shows communal privies, a communal water pump, and a drain for carrying away waste water. Corn Street led north from Brook Street, towards the north-east of Nottingham town centre.
Parr's Yard, Finkill Street clearance area, c.1931. This yard is much narrower and darker than Lewis Square, and the houses are smaller. The way out to the main street can be seen in the centre of the photograph. Finkhill Street was between the Narrow Marsh area and Nottingham Castle, roughly at the bottom end of the present-day Maid Marion Way.
Red Lion Street (also known as Narrow Marsh), 1919. Red Lion Street was the main street running east to west along the northern edge of the Narrow Marsh area. The wide windows on the top floors of the buildings (which allowed as much light as possible into the rooms) indicate that the original inhabitants were framework knitters or worked in the lace industry. Like Parrott's Place, Red Lion Street has a communal water pump and a drain.