Class 15 D8200 at Stratford (30A) shed, London, sometime in 1959. Built at British Thompson Houston Co. Ltd, Rugby and delivered on 10th Nov 1957. Withdrawn on 27th March 1971 and cut up at Crewe Works on 31st March 1972. (John Turner)
Brand new Brush Type 4 Co-Co D1825 drops on to Kirkby-in-Ashfield shed on 30th March 1965. D1825 was from the batch of class 47’s built without train heating for dedicated freight use and entered traffic on the 22nd March 1965, allocated to Toton. Withdrawn as 47344 in July 1999 it was broken up in February 2002 at EMR Kingsbury. From 1991 to 95 carried the name 'Chieftain'.
North British Type 1 Class 16 D8408 at Stratford in April 1967. Built at the North British Locomotive Company's Queen's Park Works in Glasgow and delivered to Devons Road depot, Bow, North-east London in July 1958.Withdrawn in May 1968 and Cut up by the end of 1969.
BR Class 55 "Deltic" No. D9002 (55002) "Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry" - was donated to the National Railway Museum, York and was the first preserved Deltic to return to the main line when it worked light engine to York after participating in the Doncaster Works Open Day on 27 February 1982. D9002 is one of three Deltics to have a mainline licence.