Discover Pinterest’s 10 best ideas and inspiration for Cotija cheese. Get inspired and try out new things.
Cotija cheese is a delightful addition when used as a final garnish. It doesn’t melt when cooked so it’s best used as a topper cheese: broken down into bits and sprinkled over the top of enchiladas, wet burritos, salads, dips, etc. #cotija #cheese
Julie Kanable saved to Mexican Recipes
Cotija cheese is an extremely popular addition to Mexican cooking. Learn more about why it’s so widely used and how to try it yourself!
Phughes saved to Mexican food recipes
Cotija cheese is a popular salty and crumbly cheese used in many Mexican recipes to enhance savory dishes. Try it on tacos, enchiladas, tostadas and soups!
Adriane Jevnick saved to Foodie Fun
1 · Have your own fiesta with these cotija cheese recipes! From dip to tacos to enchiladas, these Mexican dishes are guaranteed winners.
- • 1 Air fryer corn, Ribs
- • 1 Salsa verde chicken enchiladas
- • 1 Shrimp ceviche tostadas
- • 1 Shrimp tacos
- • 1 Chile rellenos
- • 1 Mexican elote creamed corn
- • 1 Mexican street corn - elote
- • 1 Stuffed zucchini, Vegetarian
- • 1 Mexican corn chowder, Creamy
- • 1 Elote pasta carbonara
- • 1 Enchiladas with poblano cream sauce, Vegetarian
- • 1 Healthy cotija + corn guacamole
- • 1 Mexican corn dip, Hot or Cold
- • 1 Sheet Pan street corn nachos
- • 1 Asparagus with cotija cheese
- • 1 Salmon tacos with roasted corn and chile adobo cream, Wild
- • 1 Salsa roja with cotija cheese
- • 1 Elote-style cotija cheese quesadillas
- • 1 Street tacos, Steak
- • 1 Mexican quinoa salad
- • 1 Mexican street corn salad
- • Carne Asada Torta
- • Esquites
Lynn Carlson saved to contiqua cheese recipe
Skillet Mexican Street Corn is a quick and easy side dish for any meal. Everything you love about elote corn but much easier to serve & enjoy!
Stacey Fritch saved to Sides
A letter from the test kitchen. Our recipe developer, Emma Laperruque, is sharing all the dishes the Food52 team can't wait to cook off the clock.
Helen Peters saved to Chicken
We all love the taste of Cotija cheese, even if we don't know it yet. But what do we do if we can't find Cotija at our local market? Here are just a few substitutes.
Cheryl Johnson saved to Measurements & Substitues
Mexican Picadillo recipe - quick, easy, authentic! Beef and potatoes simmered with onions and tomatoes. Serve with rice or tortillas!
Lana Walls saved to Food
Creamy Mexican Corn Chowder is a hearty corn chowder packed with Mexican cheeses and flavors. Spiced and creamy, this makes the best cold weather dinner.
Susan Arnold saved to recipes to try