Eastside, Kirkintilloch, 1928.
Eastside view looking towards the Cross and the town clock steeple. The Co-operative grocery store is now the undertakers. Apart from the wee sweet shop on the left with the tobacco advertising the rest of the buildings up to the Luggie bridge are still here.
Townhead Bridge, Kirkintilloch, 1928.
Looking west from Townhead towards St Mary's Church and Cowgate. The old bridge over the Forth and Clyde Canal is in the middle of the photograph. An artist has touched up the street surface. There's no way it was this smooth and free of horse manure!