Main Street before the First World War was still unpaved and had to be sprayed by a water cart to keep down the summer dust. On the left the buildings which were Calvert's Chemist can still be recognised. To the right behind the girls in aprons is the arch leading to McConnell's yard
Pic of Lower Main Street, Ballyclare in The railings surround Ollar Lodge and the Private School was held in this building, entrance was made by an entry beside the shop where the group of people can be seen.
This remarkable photograph of the Square in Ballyclare was taken in the 1880s and comes from a set of Victorian slides discovered by Andrew Gill in Lancashire. The column which has long since been demolished was a monument to a local doctor. The Town Hall had a clock tower added in 1935.