Boys’ Orphanage, Myrtle Street, 1885 ~ "...A female ophanage school was commenced in 1843 and opened in November of that year. The boys’ orphanage school was completed in 1854 (at the same time as the Church of Holy Innocents on the same site). The architect was John Cunningham (architect of the Sailors’ Home) and the buildings are in a simple, unpretentious style in keeping with their purpose..."
South john street , June 64 , now under Law courts
The Lock-up built 1796 (wavertree) kept prisoners,no home comforts here!