Leftover London : Photo

150 years of the Tube at the London Transport Museum - Four times the number carried, by Theyre Lee-Elliott, 1936 ( Vintage Graphic Design / Poster Art )

London Underground

Leftover London / All stations to Elstree

All stations to Elstree - These flip-over destination indicators sat on the fronts of trains on London Underground’s Northern Line from They were thinking ahead, because the line to Elstree.

Leftover London : Photo

Edward Johnston's original drawing for the London Underground symbol (Source: London Transport Museum)

Leftover London : Photo

St Mary's station changed its name to Whitechapel Road in It closed in suffering too much war damage to ever reopen.

Shopping by London Transport, by Frank Newbould, 1934 Published by London Transport, 1934 Printed by J Weiner Ltd, Format: Double royal Dimensions: Width: Height: Reference number:

London Underground,Lettering


More ideas
Vintage Underground Poster

Keep Warm Travel Underground; by Kathleen Stenning, 1925 Vintage London Underground Poster

Detail of cutaway from a 1963 poster showing the rebuilding of Oxford Circus

Love this old school London Underground information poster promoting the 'new' Oxford Circus Station.

150 years of the Tube at the London Transport Museum - Four times the number carried, by Theyre Lee-Elliott, 1936

Underground art scene: Exhibition to celebrate 150 years of the Tube will feature incredible posters from each decade since 1908

150 years of the Tube at the London Transport Museum - Four times the number carried, by Theyre Lee-Elliott, 1936 ( Vintage Graphic Design / Poster Art )

Londoners sleep on stopped escalators of a tube station for safety and shelter during heavy bombing by the Germans in London, England, in 1940 during the blitz in World War II. (AP Photo)

Londoners sleeping in the Underground during a German bombing raid, Bombs were dropped on London nightly from August 1940 - May One million London houses were destroyed and more than civilians were killed.

A traveller buys a London Underground season ticket from a vending machine at Highgate Station in London

Rare photographs show the fascinating early days of the Tube

A traveller buys a London Underground season ticket from a vending machine at Highgate Station in London. (Photo by Fox Photos/Getty Images)

St Mary's station changed its name to Whitechapel Road in 1923. It closed in 1938, suffering too much war damage to ever reopen. #London

St Mary's station changed its name to Whitechapel Road in It closed in suffering too much war damage to ever reopen.

Leftover London / Where to go in 1911

Leftover London / Where to go in 1911

Pinterest
Search