Pinterest • The world’s catalogue of ideas
Fatal toxins found in ‘edible’ wild mushrooms | Research | Chemistry World

Fatal toxins found in ‘edible’ wild mushrooms | Research | Chemistry World

The toxin in the False Morel affects the liver, central nervous system, and sometimes the kidneys. Symptoms of poisoning involve vomiting and diarrhea, followed by dizziness, lethargy and headache. Severe cases may lead to delirium, coma and death after 5–7 days.

The toxin in the False Morel affects the liver, central nervous system, and sometimes the kidneys. Symptoms of poisoning involve vomiting and diarrhea, followed by dizziness, lethargy and headache. Severe cases may lead to delirium, coma and death after 5–7 days.