Located in the middle of Brasília’s Monumental Axis, the city’s main thoroughfare, the National Congress building is made up of a low structure topped by a dome on one side, where the Senate works, and an inverted dome on the other, where the Chamber of Deputies resides. The second structure is a pair of towers, visually in the middle of the two domes, that house governmental office space. The complex was completed in 1960.
Celebrating Brasília's Architecture on the City's Anniversary
Also known as the Palácio da Alvorada (“Palace of Dawn”), Brazil’s Presidential Palace is the official residence of the country’s president. The structure, whose design echoes the Supreme Federal Court, was completed in 1958.
45-59 Kingsway, by Richard Seifert & Partners, 1964-68, and of a piece with Space House behind.This block fronts Kingsway and is "perfectly harmless except for the heavyweight antics of the Kemble Street corner". The abstract geometric pattern is typical of the 1960s, and the tapering pilotis are typical of Seifert. Both buildings are currently occupied by the Civil Aviation Authority and hence the former is also known as CAA House.