Uspenski Cathedral is an Eastern Orthodox cathedral in Helsinki, dedicated to the Dormition of the Theotokos (the Virgin Mary). Designed by the Russian architect Aleksey Gornostayev, the cathedral was built after his death in 1862–1868.

Uspenski Cathedral is an Eastern Orthodox cathedral in Helsinki, dedicated to the Dormition of the Theotokos (the Virgin Mary). Designed by the Russian architect Aleksey Gornostayev, the cathedral was built after his death in 1862–1868.

The Orthodox Church of Hanko was built in 1895. It was dedicated to St. Vladimir, the Grand prince of Kiev and St. Mary Magdalene.

The Orthodox Church of Hanko was built in 1895. It was dedicated to St. Vladimir, the Grand prince of Kiev and St. Mary Magdalene.

The Orthodox Church of Tikkurila, the Church of the Ascension was built in 1996-1997. It was designed by Arvo Sorsa. The icons are works of Juri Mitroshin, and the iconostasis is made of cherry wood.

The Orthodox Church of Tikkurila, the Church of the Ascension was built in 1996-1997. It was designed by Arvo Sorsa. The icons are works of Juri Mitroshin, and the iconostasis is made of cherry wood.

Savonlinna Cathedral was built in 1874-1878, and dedicated in 1879. It was designed by A. Dahlstrom. The church was severely damaged during the Second World War, and reconstructed in 1947-1948. The Baroque-style organ is from the renovation in 1990-1991.

Savonlinna Cathedral was built in 1874-1878, and dedicated in 1879. It was designed by A. Dahlstrom. The church was severely damaged during the Second World War, and reconstructed in 1947-1948. The Baroque-style organ is from the renovation in 1990-1991.

The history of St. Jacob's Church in Paimio dates back to medieval times. The present church was designed by Lars Sonck, and was built in 1928. It replaced an earlier church which was built in 1806 and destroyed by fire in 1909.

The history of St. Jacob's Church in Paimio dates back to medieval times. The present church was designed by Lars Sonck, and was built in 1928. It replaced an earlier church which was built in 1806 and destroyed by fire in 1909.

Lappohja Church was dedicated in 1913 as a prayer house. It was used as a movie theater in 1940-1941 when Hanko area was leased to USSR, and was rededicated as a church in 1984.

Lappohja Church was dedicated in 1913 as a prayer house. It was used as a movie theater in 1940-1941 when Hanko area was leased to USSR, and was rededicated as a church in 1984.

The Church of Holy Trinity was built in 1825-1826, and dedicated in 1827. It was designed by Carl Engel in the neoclassical style. The Church of Holy Trinity is located next to the Helsinki Cathedral, and it is the oldest Orthodox church in Helsinki.

The Church of Holy Trinity was built in 1825-1826, and dedicated in 1827. It was designed by Carl Engel in the neoclassical style. The Church of Holy Trinity is located next to the Helsinki Cathedral, and it is the oldest Orthodox church in Helsinki.

Pinterest
Search