Explore The Army, In August, and more!

Joseph Barnes The Army commissioned Barnes as an assistant surgeon in 1840. He doctored soldiers in a series of military campaigns and often served as surgeon for two or more posts at the same time because of the shortage of medical officers. In August 1864, he was named surgeon general, with the rank of brigadier general. After Lincoln was shot on April 14, 1865, Barnes was at the president’s death bed.

Joseph Barnes The Army commissioned Barnes as an assistant surgeon in 1840. He doctored soldiers in a series of military campaigns and often served as surgeon for two or more posts at the same time because of the shortage of medical officers. In August 1864, he was named surgeon general, with the rank of brigadier general. After Lincoln was shot on April 14, 1865, Barnes was at the president’s death bed.

Amos Fredrich Short :: Clark County Historical Museum Photograph Collection

Amos Fredrich Short :: Clark County Historical Museum Photograph Collection

Centennial Celebrations :: Clark County Historical Museum Photograph Collection 1925 Centennial celebration

Centennial Celebrations :: Clark County Historical Museum Photograph Collection 1925 Centennial celebration

clothespin | Life on the (Clothes) Line | Page 9

Interior of a dry grocer, downtown Vancouver, Washington, circa

Pioneer Auto and Truck, owned by Charles Lincoln McKinley and a neighbor formed a business in 1906 which transported goods by ferry across the Columbia River before the bridge opened in 1917.

Pioneer Auto and Truck, owned by Charles Lincoln McKinley and a neighbor formed a business in 1906 which transported goods by ferry across the Columbia River before the bridge opened in

Lowell Mason Hidden, left with unknown.      The Hidden family is probably best known for its brickyard, which opened in 1871. It produced millions of "Hidden" bricks that were used to build the Lucky Lager brewery; Providence Academy, which is now The Academy office building; and the home of Clark College, now the Hidden House Restaurant.     Today, the Hidden clan owns more than 100 parcels in Clark County worth tens of millions of dollars.

Lowell Mason Hidden, left with unknown. The Hidden family is probably best known for its brickyard, which opened in 1871. It produced millions of "Hidden" bricks that were used to build the Lucky Lager brewery; Providence Academy, which is now The Academy office building; and the home of Clark College, now the Hidden House Restaurant. Today, the Hidden clan owns more than 100 parcels in Clark County worth tens of millions of dollars.

Interior of Ridgefield Library - way back when! From the Clark County Historical Museum Photograph Collection.

Interior of Ridgefield Library - way back when! From the Clark County Historical Museum Photograph Collection.

Dec. 28, 1913 Vancouver Auditoriam on 3rd and Washington burned down.

1913 Vancouver Auditoriam on and Washington burned down.

Human Experimentation From 1943 through 1953, biological warfare research on humans was observational in that it was done after occupational exposure incidents or accidents among workers in the biowarfare facilities.

Human Experimentation From 1943 through biological warfare research on humans was observational in that it was done after occupational exposure incidents or accidents among workers in the biowarfare facilities.

Citizen's Military Training Corp. 1920's or 1930's

Citizen's Military Training Corp. 1920's or 1930's

Downtown Camas about 1914, looking east from the paper mill. The town had been named after a term used by the French at Fort Vancouver who referred to a lily which grew in local prairies as "la kamass" or "la camas."

Downtown Camas about looking east from the paper mill. The town had been named after a term used by the French at Fort Vancouver who referred to a lily which grew in local prairies as "la kamass" or "la camas.

N.E. corner of 5th Street and Broadway looking east on 5th Street. 1950s. Scenes of Vancouver before I-5. From the Munro-Watson Collection. Donated by Joan Munro Watson, daughter of Francis Tresyhair and Sarah "Nancy" Annie Munro. F.T. Munro owned an automobile repair business (Munro & Bolma) and worked as a photographer on the side. Mr. Munro was also a member and president of the Vancouver Camera Club. The Munro family lived on and worked a 10 acre prune orchard and chicken farm in…

N.E. corner of 5th Street and Broadway looking east on 5th Street. 1950s. Scenes of Vancouver before I-5. From the Munro-Watson Collection. Donated by Joan Munro Watson, daughter of Francis Tresyhair and Sarah "Nancy" Annie Munro. F.T. Munro owned an automobile repair business (Munro & Bolma) and worked as a photographer on the side. Mr. Munro was also a member and president of the Vancouver Camera Club. The Munro family lived on and worked a 10 acre prune orchard and chicken farm in…

Pinterest
Search