Mystery Quilt finished. I added 3 borders to make it King size. Final size is 112"x112". This is for my daughter Barbara. Learned and enjoyed it a lot.
I made it grow to King size. 112"x112". Borders finished. Starting the sandwich.
All 25 blocks sewn. Now on to put borders and cornerstones.
All 25 blocks, together. Next: borders. Go me!
Quilting, day one.
Just doodles and leaves.
These little guys are ready for the final step of Clue #1
100 broken dishes plus 80 triangle little blocks ready. Done with clue #1. With this clue I learned triangles are not the enemy and sewing small pieces has a calming effect. I guess you can say it helps you building patience. Phew.
One down! Just a mere 99 to go.
Clue #3 almost done. I cut all stripes and sewed them. I need to iron, cut and sew the small blocks.
Half done with clue #2.
Almost done cutting clue #2. One block done. I'm in love.
Clue #5 all done. It was easy! Now to finish #3 and start #4. Hopefully I'll catch up before Friday.
Clue #2 done. 100 Diamonds. I pressed diamonds towards the center even though it's white (gasp!) hoping when I put together the quilt, seams will be less bulky. Will see if it works at the end. On to Clue #3.
Part 2 of clue #1 completed yesterday night while watching/hearing Lte. Kenda Homicide Hunter reruns. Life is good.
Love wood pressing. Tried with a steam big iron and with a small dry iron and didn't care much for the results. This method helps me open my seams without distorting my diamonds. <3