Strand Theater- 529-535 Walnut Street, Cincinnati. Built as the Gayety Family Burlesque Theater in 1913 changed over silent movies in 1914 and changed its name at that time. It maintained the Strand name, converting to sound films when that era arrived. Starting in 1942, it became a newsreel theater as the Telenews and remained as such until 1946, when it reverted to the Strand name once again. It was demolished in 1950 to make way for the current Fountain Square location.