Explore Hall, Medieval, and more!

Cappleside Hall, Beetham, Cappleside Hall is known to have been the fourth largest medieval hall in Cumberland and Westmorland. Despite being largely demolished the upstanding and buried remains of the hall survive reasonably well and will contain important archaeological information relating to the medieval and early post-medieval occupation of this class of monument.

Cappleside Hall, Beetham, Cappleside Hall is known to have been the fourth largest medieval hall in Cumberland and Westmorland. Despite being largely demolished the upstanding and buried remains of the hall survive reasonably well and will contain important archaeological information relating to the medieval and early post-medieval occupation of this class of monument.

Denton Foot, Bastle, now a house. Dated 1594 on lintel and initials C.B. (Christopher Bell), with early C19 additions and alterations.

Denton Foot, Bastle, now a house. Dated 1594 on lintel and initials C. (Christopher Bell), with early additions and alterations.

Temon Farmhouse and adjoining outbuilding. Outbuilding is a late C16 bastle house; farmhouse is late C17. Bastle house has thick walls of large squared and coursed calciferous sandstone (probably partly from the Roman Wall) with red sandstone dressings; corrugated asbestos roof.

Temon Farmhouse and adjoining outbuilding. Outbuilding is a late C16 bastle house; farmhouse is late C17. Bastle house has thick walls of large squared and coursed calciferous sandstone (probably partly from the Roman Wall) with red sandstone dressings; corrugated asbestos roof.

Kirkby Lonsdale, ockpit Hill, Probable earthwork remains of a Medieval motte; reused as a post-Medieval cockpit. The mound is 130ft in diameter and in poor condition.

Kirkby Lonsdale, ockpit Hill, Probable earthwork remains of a Medieval motte; reused as a post-Medieval cockpit. The mound is in diameter and in poor condition.

Tebay Castle Howe, Earthwork remains of a Medieval motte and bailey castle occupying a long oval hillock of about one and three quarter acres. The motte rises 9ft above the bailey. Traces of a rampart survive on the south side and a ditch between it and the bailey, the east and south sides of which have been much damaged.

Tebay Castle Howe, Earthwork remains of a Medieval motte and bailey castle occupying a long oval hillock of about one and three quarter acres. The motte rises 9ft above the bailey. Traces of a rampart survive on the south side and a ditch between it and the bailey, the east and south sides of which have been much damaged.

Cumcatch, Brampton, Byre, formerly Bastle House. Late C16 with C19 alterations and additions. North-east wall is extremely thick mixed rubble, with rubble additions, Welsh slate roof with stone ridge and hips. Formerly 2 storeys, probably 3 bays. Only north-east wall remains with early C19 additions to left and right, under common roof, with rebuilt south-west wall;

Cumcatch, Brampton, Byre, formerly Bastle House. Late C16 with C19 alterations and additions. North-east wall is extremely thick mixed rubble, with rubble additions, Welsh slate roof with stone ridge and hips. Formerly 2 storeys, probably 3 bays. Only north-east wall remains with early C19 additions to left and right, under common roof, with rebuilt south-west wall;

Hutton Hall Cottage attached on right of Masonic Hall is the original Hutton Hall, with C14 square pele tower at rear. Front C17 and C18, scored stucco, new slate roof, 2 storeys, a C17 chamfered stone doorway with boarded door, 3 sashes down and 4 up in stone architraves.

Hutton Hall Cottage attached on right of Masonic Hall is the original Hutton Hall, with C14 square pele tower at rear. Front C17 and C18, scored stucco, new slate roof, 2 storeys, a C17 chamfered stone doorway with boarded door, 3 sashes down and 4 up in stone architraves.

Little Moreton Hall, Cheshire, also known as Old Moreton Hall, is a moated half-timbered manor house. The earliest parts of the house were built for the prosperous Cheshire landowner William Moreton in about 1504–08, and the remainder was constructed in stages by successive generations of the family until about 1610.

Little Moreton Hall, Cheshire, also known as Old Moreton Hall, is a moated half-timbered manor house. The earliest parts of the house were built for the prosperous Cheshire landowner William Moreton in about and the remainder was constructed in s

Ayton Castle, Remains of a medieval manorial centre and later fortified house complex at Ayton Castle. The site comprises the standing ruins of a fortified house and the earthwork remains of buildings which all lie within a courtyard, a series of wide terraces on the slope above the tower and, in a field to the south, the earthwork remains of a set of fishponds.

the old castle ruins Ayton Castle Scottish Borders Scotland - One source I read said there was a pele tower here that burned down in that was once a stronghold of the Hume family. I don't know if this might be the ruins of that or not.

Early 15th century German, wood block printed

Medieval Textiles :: German early printed fabric image by ClaredeCrecy - Photobucket

Pinterest
Search