The Hotel Douglas built in 1912, once housed a morgue in its basement. There have been reports of knocking at the entrance door to the basement that is kept locked. This door is situated behind the lobby desk and only hotel employees are allowed in the area. Any time an employee unlocks the door in response to the knocking; there is nobody on the other side. This door is the only entrance to the basement. Victoria, BC
"Gadren City" Hall, Saanich (Victoria), Vancouver Island, B. circa Garden City is a subdivision is Saanich which is now called Marigold and this is located at the corner of Marigold and Jasmine, near Spectrum Secondary.
The Oriental Hotel located at 550-554 Yates Street was built in 1883 and replaced the two wooden structures (1863) that once occupied this spot. The building is significant due to the use of decorative cast iron that was new at the time. By 1906 new owners renamed the Hotel as the Saint Francis. By 1958 Goodwill enterprises occupied the building which was first restored in 1981 then again in 2006 and 2011.