Explore these ideas and much more!

Explore related topics

When I was reattaching hardware I didn't want to put on the old bent up drawer glides so I cut my own. These actually work better than what came with the unit.

When I was reattaching hardware I didn't want to put on the old bent up drawer glides so I cut my own. These actually work better than what came with the unit.

The color painting on the drawers is complete and now just needs a clear coat. Now you can start to see where I'm going with this piece.

The color painting on the drawers is complete and now just needs a clear coat. Now you can start to see where I'm going with this piece.

A sturdy little 2 drawer end table that looks like hell, but is in great shape.

A sturdy little 2 drawer end table that looks like hell, but is in great shape.

I had a little time for the shop today and I wanted to get this mirror back together, but first I need to do some filling of dents, scratches, and damage. As it turns out all that paint hid a lot of scars. I like a distress look but this was ridiculously bad. It's a good thing that this will be painted. Lots more sanding to do.

I had a little time for the shop today and I wanted to get this mirror back together, but first I need to do some filling of dents, scratches, and damage. As it turns out all that paint hid a lot of scars. I like a distress look but this was ridiculously bad. It's a good thing that this will be painted. Lots more sanding to do.

There was an incredible amount of paint on this frame, I counted five layers of color. This job took all afternoon and it still isn't finished. A little more stripping, mineral spirits, and sanding . All the joints are now loose, I think it was just the paint keeping it together.

There was an incredible amount of paint on this frame, I counted five layers of color. This job took all afternoon and it still isn't finished. A little more stripping, mineral spirits, and sanding . All the joints are now loose, I think it was just the paint keeping it together.

Day 2 of paint stripping. I concentrated on the corners and crevices and wiped the whole thing with mineral spirits to get it ready for sanding. Under all that paint I located the last of the staples holding it together and removed them. Sanding will be easier with the frame in pieces.

Day 2 of paint stripping. I concentrated on the corners and crevices and wiped the whole thing with mineral spirits to get it ready for sanding. Under all that paint I located the last of the staples holding it together and removed them. Sanding will be easier with the frame in pieces.

Today was spent filling, fine sanding and then priming. This piece has very little damage despite the way it looked when I first bought it.

Today was spent filling, fine sanding and then priming. This piece has very little damage despite the way it looked when I first bought it.

I set the top on just to check the look. With today's high heat and humidity the top's finish didn't turn out very well and will have to be redone. Cooler weather is coming though.

I set the top on just to check the look. With today's high heat and humidity the top's finish didn't turn out very well and will have to be redone. Cooler weather is coming though.

The crown molding was loose on one end, the left side had a nasty split, and three holes needed to be plugged all of which required gluing and clamping. Now I can move on to filling and sanding.

The crown molding was loose on one end, the left side had a nasty split, and three holes needed to be plugged all of which required gluing and clamping. Now I can move on to filling and sanding.

Pinterest
Search