Magnificent Seven, Hayes Court The plan to build a house for the Anglican Bishop was conceived in 1904 by Mr. Protheroe. In 1908, an anonymous gift of the site by two gentleman enabled construction to begin. Hayes Court was completed by the firm of Taylor & Gillies in 1910. Hayes Court was named after Bishop Thomas Hayes, although he died in 1904 before the completion of the building. Hayes Courts' first occupant was the third Bishop of Trinidad, the Right Reverend John Francis Welsh.