Explore Agricultural Extension, Irvine Park, and more!

Old Mill at Chippewa Falls. Now Glen Loch Dam in Irvine Park. This photograph was taken by William Webber on August 8, 1915 for International Harvester's Agricultural Extension Department. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Old Mill at Chippewa Falls. Now Glen Loch Dam in Irvine Park. This photograph was taken by William Webber on August 1915 for International Harvester's Agricultural Extension Department. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Irvine Park Station circa 1900. The inter-urban street car terminal station shelter at Irvine Park. A heavy snowfall covers the landscape. A stone wall gateway with lampposts and decorative urns is in front of the station. Still at Irvine Park today. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Irvine Park Station

The inter-urban street car terminal station shelter at Irvine Park. A heavy snowfall covers the landscape. A stone wall gateway with lampposts and decorati.

Painting of Chippewa Falls circa 1850. Artist unknown.

Chippewa Falls

Painting of Chippewa Falls circa Artist unknown.

Glen Loch Dam in Irvine Park. Exact year unknown. Between 1889-1916 according to collector. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Dam on Chippewa River

Glen Loch Dam in Irvine Park. Between according to collector. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Stone Park Shelter in Irvine Park. This shelter still stands in the park today. Date unknown. Between 1889-1916 according to collection. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Stone Park Shelter

Stone Park Shelter in Irvine Park. This shelter still stands in the park today. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

The "Big Mill" in Chippewa Falls in 1907. Actually named Chippewa Lumber Co or Boom Co. Located off of Court St. before the NSP Bridge in Chippewa Falls. Closed on Aug 2, 1911. Courtesy of Wisconsin Historical Society.

Lumber Mill on Shoreline of Chippewa River

The "Big Mill" in Chippewa Falls in Actually named Chippewa Lumber Co or Boom Co. Located off of Court St. before the NSP Bridge in Chippewa Falls. Closed on Aug Courtesy of Wisconsin Historical Society.

Chippewa Falls from the South Side, which was called Frenchtown at the time. You can see the railroad bridge crossing the river which is still standing today.  Exact date is unknown. Between 1889-1916 according to collection. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Chippewa Falls from the South Side

Elevated view from south side of the Chippewa River, with a bridge crossing it and buildings on both sides of the river.

Duncan Creek in 1905. The now Heyde Center and Notre Dame Church in the distance. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Duncan Creek

Duncan Creek in The now Heyde Center and Notre Dame Church in the distance. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Edward Rutledge Charity circa 1926.There is a sign for the tourist camp and Irvine Park on the lamppost. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Edward Rutledge Charity, Chippewa Falls, circa is a sign for the tourist camp and Irvine Park on the lamppost. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Chippewa Falls around 1870. Image courtesty of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Chippewa Falls

Chippewa Falls around Image courtesty of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Lumber Mill | Photograph | Wisconsin Historical Society

Lumber Mill

View from rocky shoreline of a lumber mill on the banks of the Chippewa River.

Irvine Park circa 1910.  Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Irvine Park

Irvine Park circa Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Irvine Park Band Shell in 1930. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Irvine Park Bandstand

Irvine Park Band Shell in Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Chippewa Falls Library built 1940.

State Home, Chippewa The Wisconsin Home for Feeble-Minded, now called the Northern Wisconsin Center for the Developmentally Disabled. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Chippewa Falls Riverfront. Part of this railroad bridge is still standing today. Exact year unknown. Between 1889- 1916 according to collection. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Chippewa Falls Riverfront

Part of this railroad bridge is still standing today. Between 1916 according to collection. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Machinery Inside Big Mill circa 1900. Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Machinery Inside Lumber Mill

Machinery Inside Big Mill circa Courtesy of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

Pinterest
Search