On the left is Montague street looking west. The picture is undated. The right-hand side clearly shows the front of the Albion and the Chapel across the road from it where Boots the Chemist stands today. Sadly there are no remnants of the original building left. Field Row, a wide alleyway (or Twitten) still runs behind where is stood. The map of 1875 shows that there was a covered entrance to the back of the Hotel which lead to what was possibly a stabling area.