The Hudson Jet, produced by the Hudson Motor Car Company in 1953 and 1954, as seen on advertising materials distributed by the Lyndale Automotive Company in Southwest Minneapolis. From the Hennepin History Museum Collection.
Win Stephens Buick was one of the biggest car dealers in town in the 1950s and 1960s. In 1963, just a few years after this advertisement, the company moved to a brand-new vast dealership, Buicktown, in St. Louis Park. From the Hennepin History Museum collection.
Emery board book from Northwestern National Bank, Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Women's Department offered female tellers, a powder room and lounge, and writing desks... all on the banking floor. From the Hennepin History Museum collection.
When Woodman's Hall opened above a drugstore at Washington and Second Avenues in 1858, it became the first performance space in Minneapolis. By the time this concert and festival was planned in 1862, there were multiple options to choose from in the rapidly growing city, although the first more formal dedicated theater would not open until 1867. From the Hennepin History Museum collection.