Rehabbed a thrifted tutu. It was yellowed and crusted with roach poop, but did gentle machine wash, then Biz soak, sun bleach/dry. Ironed bodice, replaced elastic and stitched holed. Finally hand stitched beadwork and sequin trim.
4 of 5: Pinocchio Trunk or Treat, hand made Cleo the Fish costume. Just a simple drawstring sleeper costume and a bonnet pattern that I fine tuned. Added a satin patch on the tummy, satin stitched it onto the crushed velvet. The head fin and tail were remnants and old scarved (safety pinned on tail)
$15 vanity was black. Used as plant stand for a couple years. Painted white, cut out new wooden desk board to replace warped formica. My mother and I repurposed chenille fabric and others to make skirt.
Snow White has removable cape. I used extra thick, stiff interfacing and ironed to underside of collar so that any buckling or bubbling wouldn't show when she faced the camera. I know the cape was red, but I was using only fabric I owned--the red can be see when facing camera.
I used beaded decor trim at the bottom of the separate lined top. The fasteners on back is just ribbon ties so she can grow some. The shoulder adornment is pleated, steamed, and basted to secure. All lamme box pleating requires zigzag stitch or the needle will slice the trim, regardless of needle ans stitch size
Frozen Elsa dress. I wanted to make since she gets rashes from scratchy costume fabric--that would be an unpleasant Disney trip. I lined the entire top with soft cotton fabric from a sheet. I used ribbon ties as fasteners so she could grow with, and ribbon belt loops to keep things in place. The sleeves are a sheer cotton blend Swiss dot.