1905 Woods Electric. Woods Motor Vehicle Company was an American manufacturer of electric automobiles in Chicago, Illinois between 1899 and 1916. In 1915 they produced the Dual Power (U.S. Patent # 1244045) with both electric and internal combustion engines and this continued until 1918. The company was started by Clinton Edgar Woods who "wrote the first book on electric vehicles."
Via Copenhagenize, a scheme to redesign Copenhagen’s Vestergade as a street where cyclists and pedestrians come first, and motor vehicles fall into line accordingly. Click image for full story and visit the slowottawa.ca boards >> https://www.pinterest.com/slowottawa/
1899 Woods Electric. Woods Motor Vehicle Co. Chicago, IL 1899-1919 Henry Palmer driving Later became a partner in Palmer-Singer 1902 Phaeton built by the Woods Motor Vehicle Company of Chicago, which had a range of 18 miles, a top speed of 14 mph and cost $2,000.