The tragic flooding of the Briseis Mine in 1929 is marked by a bronze sculpture at the entry to the Tin Centre in Derby. Article and photo for www.think-tasmania.com by Gina Scott of Platypus Park Country Retreat (Bridport).
Richmond Bridge, Tasmania. Richmond Bridge (1823). Originally named Bigge's Bridge, Richmond Bridge is Australia's oldest bridge still in use. It was built by convicts from sandstone quarried at Butchers Hill and hauled by hand carts to the bridge site.