Published on February 1, 2021
Cook Time: 120 minutes
Serving Size: 3 servings
For the cookies:
- •8 ounces unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- •1 cup granulated sugar
- •2 eggs
- •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- •4 cups all-purpose flour
- •1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- •1/2 teaspoon salt
- •1 cup seedless strawberry jam
For the glaze:
- •1 cup powdered sugar
- •2 to 4 tablespoons whole milk
- •1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- •Pink food coloring
- •Make the cookies: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- •In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to stand mixer. Remove dough from mixing bowl, and divide into 2 parts. Wrap each ball of dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- •Remove dough from fridge and roll out the dough. Once dough is rolled out, use a rectangle cookie cutter to cut out cookies.
- •Place a spoonful of strawberry jam on top of one cookie and place another cookie on top. Using a fork, pinch the sides of the cookie all around the edges, creating a tight pocket so the jam doesn’t escape. Repeat with remaining dough. Place the jam-filled sugar cookies on a cookie sheet, and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- •Make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth, then mix in food coloring. Spread glaze on top of cooled pop tarts, add rainbow sprinkles and enjoy!