Letchworth Village was completed in 1911 and served as a "state institution for the segregation of the epileptic and feeble-minded". Experimentation took place primarily on children who could got give or deny consent, including human trials on the first polio vaccines. By 1942 the population had increased to twice it's intended size and care took a downward turn. Doors closed in 1996. Buried on the ground are 900 graves with no names; only numbers. Often visited by ghost hunters and vandals.