"The Perry House" was located on Cross St., just behind the Town Office Bldg. It was moved to 416 Main St. in 1979 to make room for an addition to the Town Office building. It was built c.1860 by Capt. Jonathan Atkins and soon after acquired by James and Sophie Perry. It is a rare example (in Chatham) of the Italian Villa style of architecture. For many years it has housed the Chatham Beach Dog store.