Built between 1666 and 1679 by the Dutch East India Company (VOC) as a maritime replenishment station, the Castle of Good Hope is the oldest surviving colonial building in South Africa. From 1678 it was the centre of civilian, administrative and military life at the Cape, until the settlement grew and some functions and activities moved away from the Castle. Today the Castle is the seat of the military in the Cape, and houses the Castle Military Museum and Iziko Museums of Cape Town
Rosenborg Castle, Copenhagen, Denmark. A Dutch Renaissance palace and gardens, including a museum housing the crown jewels, with guided tours. It was originally built as a country summerhouse in 1606 and is an example of Christian IV's many architectural projects.