1963 - Barnes Hospital in St. Louis selects McCarthy to construct its Queeny Tower, a 17-story ambulatory care center that goes on to finish ahead of schedule.
1939 - The new Federal Building in Anchorage, Alaska, is completed by McCarthy.
1995 - The Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla, California, selects McCarthy for its East Building Addition. McCarthy develops a first-of-its kind architectural concrete forming and placing technique known as MIRASTONE.
2012 - MC Industrial works around the clock, utilizing more than 8,000 craftsman, working together to complete the BP Whiting Refinery Modernization Project – Gas Oil Hydrotreater (GOHT) in Whiting, Indiana.
1966 - McCarthy buys two acres of land near Rock Hill Quarries and moves the company headquarters to 1341 North Rock Hill Road in suburban St. Louis.
The Fleet Air Base at Coco Solo in the Panama Canal zone chooses McCarthy as its builder. This represents the company’s first federal project. Working conditions in the Panama Canal Zone are difficult and help solidify McCarthy’s culture of caring for its employees.