Pinterest • The world’s catalogue of ideas

Explore 1946 Missouri, Dispatch Building and more!

Aerial view of the south side of Olive Street taken from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Building. (1946) Missouri History Museum

Aerial view of the south side of Olive Street taken from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Building. (1946) Missouri History Museum

Cupples Station. Seventh and Spruce Streets, from elevated approach to the Municipal Bridge. (1921) Missouri History Museum

Cupples Station. Seventh and Spruce Streets, from elevated approach to the Municipal Bridge. (1921) Missouri History Museum

Window of the Oriental Tea and Mercantile Company at 22 South Eighth Street in the Chinatown district reflecting the Southwestern Bell Telephone Building, summer 1964. Missouri History Museum

Window of the Oriental Tea and Mercantile Company at 22 South Eighth Street in the Chinatown district reflecting the Southwestern Bell Telephone Building, summer 1964. Missouri History Museum

Sidney Maestre and Mayor Raymond Tucker on rooftop overlooking area of Mill Creek Valley slated for clearance. Photograph, 1956. Missouri History Museum.

Sidney Maestre and Mayor Raymond Tucker on rooftop overlooking area of Mill Creek Valley slated for clearance. Photograph, 1956. Missouri History Museum.

View Northeast from City Hall at Twelfth and Market Street. (1923) Missouri History Museum

View Northeast from City Hall at Twelfth and Market Street. (1923) Missouri History Museum

St. Louis Daily Times building at the northeast corner of Broadway and Chestnut Street. (1877) Missouri History Museum

St. Louis Daily Times building at the northeast corner of Broadway and Chestnut Street. (1877) Missouri History Museum

Skyline view of downtown St. Louis, Pine Street looking east from the Missouri Pacific Building on Twelfth. (1928)

Skyline view of downtown St. Louis, Pine Street looking east from the Missouri Pacific Building on Twelfth. (1928)

John Wahl Residence. Southeast corner Evans and Spring Avenues. (1939) Missouri History Museum

John Wahl Residence. Southeast corner Evans and Spring Avenues. (1939) Missouri History Museum

Memorial Plaza, view looking northwest from Federal Building, 1 March 1935. Missouri History Museum

Memorial Plaza, view looking northwest from Federal Building, 1 March 1935. Missouri History Museum

Fourth Street and Morgan Street, southwest corner. H.A. Knoll Tobacconist and Western Leather Company. 12 June 1894. Missouri History Museum

Fourth Street and Morgan Street, southwest corner. H.A. Knoll Tobacconist and Western Leather Company. 12 June 1894. Missouri History Museum

United States Post Office. 1720 Market Street. July 1957. Missouri History Museum

United States Post Office. 1720 Market Street. July 1957. Missouri History Museum

Merchants League Club Building at the northeast corner of Olive and Eighteenth Streets. (1900) Missouri History Museum

Merchants League Club Building at the northeast corner of Olive and Eighteenth Streets. (1900) Missouri History Museum

Looking west on Locust Street from Fourth Street, ca. 1895. At right, a large clock advertises Mermod and Jaccard’s jewelry store, which was started in the early 19th century by Swiss immigrant Louis Jaccard. By the 1890’s it was one of the oldest and most prominent jewelers in St. Louis. Mermon and Jaccard’s would eventually be bought out by the Scruggs-Vandervoort-Barney Department Store, pictured on the left. | Missouri History Museum

Looking west on Locust Street from Fourth Street, ca. 1895. At right, a large clock advertises Mermod and Jaccard’s jewelry store, which was started in the early 19th century by Swiss immigrant Louis Jaccard. By the 1890’s it was one of the oldest and most prominent jewelers in St. Louis. Mermon and Jaccard’s would eventually be bought out by the Scruggs-Vandervoort-Barney Department Store, pictured on the left. | Missouri History Museum

Grand Avenue south from Olive Street, showing United Cigar Store, Hawaiian School of Music, and Schubert/Rialto Theater with "The Big Parade" on marquee. | collections.mohistory.org

Grand Avenue south from Olive Street, showing United Cigar Store, Hawaiian School of Music, and Schubert/Rialto Theater with "The Big Parade" on marquee. | collections.mohistory.org