Lake Burton and Rabun County was named for Jeremiah Burton, a popular area citizen who would occasionally serve as bailiff in the local superior court and served in other civic positions. Lake Burton At 2,775 acres, Burton is the largest of Georgia Power's North Georgia lakes. Lake Burton was one of the first lakes in the United States created specifically for power generation. With the completion of the dam at the east end of the lake in 1913, more than 2700 acres of lake were created.
Paul Hagedorn - Inversion Fog II- Lake Burton, Georgia
Beautiful Seed Lake View. In July of 1925, construction began on the Nacoochee development (Called Seed by some). It was built between Burton Dam and the headwaters of Lake Rabun to take advantage of a 60-foot drop in the Tallulah River and between the two lakes.