Statues in the Great Hall at Harlaxton Manor (also known as Grantham Castle) in Harlaxton, Lincolnshire, April 1948. The manor house was built for Gregory Gregory between 1837 and 1845. The house was designed by architects Anthony Salvin and William Burn, with interiors by David Bryce.
Sunrise at Stoke Rochford Hall, near Grantham, Lincolnshire. The present building dates from 1841; it was designed by architect William Burn for Christopher Turnor. For the rest of the 19th century and early 20th century it was owned by the Turnor family. It is now a hotel, wedding venue and conference centre.
Thomas Philip de Grey (1781–1859), 2nd Earl de Grey, 3rd Baron Grantham and 6th Baron Lucas KG, PC, FRS. Known as The Lord Grantham from 1786 to 1833, he was a British Tory politician and statesman of the 19th century. Born Thomas Philip Robinson, his surname was Weddell from 1803 and de Grey from 1833. He was the owner/architect of Wrest Park, Bedfordshire, England, UK. | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_de_Grey,_2nd_Earl_de_Grey