St. Louis, MO - Goody Goody Diner's building got its start as a walk-up A&W Root Beer stand. For a while, it was a drive-in, serving hot food to customers in hot rods. In the 1950s the diner concept took over. There is no question about what to order from the massive menu: Chicken & Waffles are the unquestioned favorite. An entire half of a fried chicken comes surrounded by Belgian waffles, crisped perfectly and wearing a thick coat of butter and syrup.
Exterior view of White Castle number 18. Located at 6134 Easton Ave. in St. Louis, Missouri. Opened on May 11, 1928. The building was sold in April of 1939. Photograph was taken by P.R. Papin. White Castle sign reads 5 cent hamburgers.
#throwbackthursday Built in 1925, the St. Louis Theatre presented vaudeville and motion pictures for nearly 40 years. The @STL Symphony purchased the building in the mid-1960s. The theatre was renamed to honor Walter S. Powell, whose widow, Helen Lamb Powell, contributed extensively to the hall's renovation. Click the link to zoom in on the picture: http://collections.mohistory.org/photo/PHO:35475