Piedras Blancas Light Station Piedras Blancas Light Station Association in association with the BLM Stamp located at Piedras Blancas Light Station Gift Shop 15950 Cabrillo Hwy., San Simeon, CA 93452; 805-927-3719 Hours of Operation: During Tours Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays at 9:45 a.m. *Except for government holidays PBLSA mailing address: P.O. Box 127, San Simeon, CA 93452 Website: http://www.piedrasblancas.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cape Mendocino Lighthouse at Shelter Cove This lighthouse was originally built on a cliff on Cape Mendocino, the westernmost point in California in 1868. The 43 foot tower was 422 feet above sea level. The station was automated in 1951. The light was moved to a nearby pole and the Fresnel lens to Ferndale where it can be seen today at the fairgrounds. Only the tower remained until 1998.