The Wedgwood factory gave (Daisy) Makeig-Jones (1881-1945) her own design studio in 1915. Drawing on her early love of fairy stories, she introduced an imaginative line of decorative wares. Engravers transferred Makeig-Jones's designs to copper plates for printing onto paper sheets known as pottery tissues. The images were rubbed onto the ceramic surfaces. Women painters then applied the colors to these designs on the ceramics.