The Tsar’s Praying seat – the Monomakh’s Throne – was created in 1551 for Ivan the Terrible, the first Russian Tsar. It might have been erected by carvers from Novgorod. In the seat’s base there are four round sculptures - depictions of fantastic beasts of rapine. They hold the quadrangular construction with four carved pillars and , balusters, crowned with a marque decorated with kokoshniks, roses and vases. It is situated in The Assumption Cathedral of the Moscow Kremlin.