The Dooly Building, December 24, 1936. This structure was one of Salt Lake’s most important architectural landmarks. It was designed by Chicago architect Louis Sullivan and built of local red sandstone in 1892. The strong arches and selectively placed geometric detailing are typical of Sullivan’s work. The landmark was demolished in 1964, and the site on the southwest corner of West Temple and 200 South was more recently been occupies by the Shilo Inn.