Explore The Next, To The and more!

Explore related topics

Close up of the gun detail. I used all sorts for this, even some small lego parts, as they had a nice uniform quality, that would have been hard to match using cut plasticard. The technique for this part was achieved by adding one bit at a time, carving, sanding in between measuring the next small part. Micro magnets were fixed to the tops of the scope bracket arms as I thought it would be a nice touch if part of the scope could be removed.

Close up of the gun detail. I used all sorts for this, even some small lego parts, as they had a nice uniform quality, that would have been hard to match using cut plasticard. The technique for this part was achieved by adding one bit at a time, carving, sanding in between measuring the next small part. Micro magnets were fixed to the tops of the scope bracket arms as I thought it would be a nice touch if part of the scope could be removed.

Small bracket arms were scratch built onto the scope and micro magnets added.

Small bracket arms were scratch built onto the scope and micro magnets added.

Both sides were completely different heights, largely due to the position of the scope.

Both sides were completely different heights, largely due to the position of the scope.

The scope was going to need some major work, due to the size of the hole.

The scope was going to need some major work, due to the size of the hole.

Small details were added to the screw heads and the scope arms built up with 2mm plastic sheet and ex poxy filler. Filler was also used to hide all the original screw fixings.

Small details were added to the screw heads and the scope arms built up with plastic sheet and ex poxy filler. Filler was also used to hide all the original screw fixings.

Slowly the profile of the main body was built up, including the detail behind the cut away scope bracket.

Slowly the profile of the main body was built up, including the detail behind the cut away scope bracket.

The underside of the scope took a lot of work to get right, especially the curved contours of the underside of the main bracket. This was slowly improved by a lot of filing, filing, sculpting and sanding.

The underside of the scope took a lot of work to get right, especially the curved contours of the underside of the main bracket. This was slowly improved by a lot of filing, filing, sculpting and sanding.

The underside was filled in with small pieces. Originally I thought the scope connected in the centre of the base bracket, but later realised this was incorrect!

The underside was filled in with small pieces. Originally I thought the scope connected in the centre of the base bracket, but later realised this was incorrect!

Han Solo, Lego Stuff, Brick

Pinterest
Search