No location given. "G.W. Armstrong drugstore." Seidlitz Powders only 25 cents. glass negative, Detroit Publishing Company. View full size,click through to supersize and see in masses of detail including prices and brands popular then.
Bella Union was a saloon and theater in Deadwood, South Dakota, which opened on September 10, 1876. The proprietor was Tom Miller, an aggressive businessman who would buy several neighboring properties as well. In November 1878, Tom Miller went bankrupt, and the Bella Union became a grocery store downstairs, and a meeting hall named Mechanics' Hall upstairs.
A family, possibly that of William Bonner, is posed around a table in a yard. Behind them is a man with a horse and behind him a large Victorian brick house with rounded windows, curved shutters and brackets on top and porch top. The house is now located on the east side of Hwy 151 about one mile north of the intersection with county highway A. in Trenton, Wisconsin. (Photo circa 1871.)