Number 3 - After taking a bit of a break and coming up with a plan, I was able to use the black ink to create the basics of the background. My plan was to block in the background so that adding details would be easier for me. My next step is to use the black biro to give a better effect and make it look more like the original piece.

Number 3 - After taking a bit of a break and coming up with a plan, I was able to use the black ink to create the basics of the background. My plan was to block in the background so that adding details would be easier for me. My next step is to use the black biro to give a better effect and make it look more like the original piece.

The Final Outcome (c) - Also, I'm still not a big fan of the darkness theme portrayed by Stephen Bliss due to how scary it looks and how bizarre the whole thing is.

The Final Outcome (c) - Also, I'm still not a big fan of the darkness theme portrayed by Stephen Bliss due to how scary it looks and how bizarre the whole thing is.

The Final Outcome (b) - I like the outcome of how this replica and I can understand the difficulties that Bliss would have faced during the creation process of his piece and I respect his admiration that he has for his work. I also know understand that the work of an artist is quite hard and I can now acknowledge the difficulty of coming up with inspiration.

The Final Outcome (c) - Also, I'm still not a big fan of the darkness theme portrayed by Stephen Bliss due to how scary it looks and how bizarre the whole thing is.

The Final Outcome (a) - I found it quite difficult and during this process and I wondered about how Bliss worked while creating this and how he thought of a creative process that would benefit him. This helped me get through this piece and it helped me finish the replica piece. I've really enjoyed the experience of replicating the work of Stephen Bliss.

The Final Outcome (a) - I found it quite difficult and during this process and I wondered about how Bliss worked while creating this and how he thought of a creative process that would benefit him. This helped me get through this piece and it helped me finish the replica piece. I've really enjoyed the experience of replicating the work of Stephen Bliss.

Number 5 - Here I finished off this replica by using the black biro to create an even darker presence. The only problem I have here with this piece is the face of the woman. Maybe if I had done the piece on a A3 piece of paper instead of an A4, then it would have worked out a lot better because I would have been working on a larger scale and it would have been easier to add detail.

The Final Outcome (c) - Also, I'm still not a big fan of the darkness theme portrayed by Stephen Bliss due to how scary it looks and how bizarre the whole thing is.

Number 4 - I am now starting to see the original piece in my replica piece. However, I am not really enjoying the darkness atmosphere created by the black ink. It feels strange to me because I'm not used to doing work like this. Next, I plan on adding more detail and making it look more like the original piece.

Number 4 - I am now starting to see the original piece in my replica piece. However, I am not really enjoying the darkness atmosphere created by the black ink. It feels strange to me because I'm not used to doing work like this. Next, I plan on adding more detail and making it look more like the original piece.

Number 2 - I used a 2B pencil and due to my concerns that I originally had, I sketched the image out and had to keep doing it so I could see the sketch. So, I was happy when I was able to get passed my concerns, but I couldn't help but worry about how the rest of it would turn out. Because of this, I had to walk away from my work for a while so I could come up with a plan on how I could move on from here.

Number 2 - I used a 2B pencil and due to my concerns that I originally had, I sketched the image out and had to keep doing it so I could see the sketch. So, I was happy when I was able to get passed my concerns, but I couldn't help but worry about how the rest of it would turn out. Because of this, I had to walk away from my work for a while so I could come up with a plan on how I could move on from here.

Number 1 - First I put down torn poster paper and then I painted white acrylic on it. At first I wasn't quite sure about this due to the fact that I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to see the pencil lines when I mapped out the replica image but I couldn't help but think that this was the right thing to do as I couldn't think of any other way that Bliss may have created this so I spent most of this time confused about how to approach this.

Number 1 - First I put down torn poster paper and then I painted white acrylic on it. At first I wasn't quite sure about this due to the fact that I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to see the pencil lines when I mapped out the replica image but I couldn't help but think that this was the right thing to do as I couldn't think of any other way that Bliss may have created this so I spent most of this time confused about how to approach this.

The Original "Stockholm Syndrome" Illustration by Steven Bliss.

Ink and gouache on torn posters.


More ideas
Pinterest
Search