This is the back of the garment complete.

This is the back of the garment complete.

This is the front of the garment finished.

This is the front of the garment finished.

I measured along from the button holes to get the location of where the buttons should be. I then pinned where the buttons should be and then hand sewed them into place.

I measured along from the button holes to get the location of where the buttons should be. I then pinned where the buttons should be and then hand sewed them into place.

Sewing the hemline: I had to pin each side of the hemline inwards 1cm. I then connected the two sides with pins and then hand sewed - cross stitch along the edges of the hemline.

Sewing the hemline: I had to pin each side of the hemline inwards I then connected the two sides with pins and then hand sewed - cross stitch along the edges of the hemline.

I overlocked the edges of the sleeves to stop all the material from fraying, I then pinned and sewed a 1cm seam allowance around the edge of the sleeve.

I overlocked the edges of the sleeves to stop all the material from fraying, I then pinned and sewed a seam allowance around the edge of the sleeve.

I made two button holes using the sewing machine technique. I practised these button holes multiple times on a separate piece of material before trying it on my garment. I had to measure where I wanted the button holes to go accurately and roughly pin around that area to remind me where to sew. When the buttons holes were on the garment, I then cut through the middle of them with a stitch un-picker to create the hole.

I made two button holes using the sewing machine technique. I practised these button holes multiple times on a separate piece of material before trying it on my garment. I had to measure where I wanted the button holes to go accurately and roughly pin around that area to remind me where to sew. When the buttons holes were on the garment, I then cut through the middle of them with a stitch un-picker to create the hole.

I decided to cover my own buttons with the paisley poly satin material. I had to cut out a circle of my material to the right size - hand sew around the edges of the circle - place the button in the middle of the circle - then pull the loose thread to bunch it all together. I could then push the back of the button onto it to hold it into place.

I decided to cover my own buttons with the paisley poly satin material. I had to cut out a circle of my material to the right size - hand sew around the edges of the circle - place the button in the middle of the circle - then pull the loose thread to bunch it all together. I could then push the back of the button onto it to hold it into place.

This is how the garment looks having done the tailored collar, lapels, and lining sewn to the armholes.

This is how the garment looks having done the tailored collar, lapels, and lining sewn to the armholes.

This is the lining attached to the sleeves.

This is the lining attached to the sleeves.

This is both the tailored collars connecting from the facing and lining to the main part of the jacket. I had to pin from the collar - neckline - centre front - bottom of garment, making sure I left a gap at the middle to pull the garment through at the end. I had to sew from the centre of the collar in one direction and the start again from the centre and go in the opposite direction. Where the collar joined the lapel the seam allowance had to go into a point - which was then cut in to.

This is both the tailored collars connecting from the facing and lining to the main part of the jacket. I had to pin from the collar - neckline - centre front - bottom of garment, making sure I left a gap at the middle to pull the garment through at the end. I had to sew from the centre of the collar in one direction and the start again from the centre and go in the opposite direction. Where the collar joined the lapel the seam allowance had to go into a point - which was then cut in to.

Pinterest
Search